To lead all aspect of a delivery of the area, in accordance with SCS project’s procedures and best practice guidance. To underpin the successful delivery of the area to the agreed targets and to work collaboratively with the wider programme to ensure the overall delivery of the programmes strategic objectives, such as time cost quality and client’s satisfaction. .
To maintain the SCS Project culture in all aspect of the delivery and be a role model for the team.
Creating a balance between leadership, operational expertise, strategic emphasis and senior level stakeholder engagement.
The Project Director shall be responsible for:
- Accountability for the SCS culture around business, health, safety and wellbeing.
- Manage the area in line with the target budget in collaboration with the Commercial director for the area.
- Reviewing and improving the business planning and forecasting within the area.
- Proactively manage IPLT, client and industry relationships to further develop and enhance the JV reputation within the industry.
- Actively promote and ensure good governance across the Area and interaction with other areas.
- Ensure that robust procedures exist for management of Area during the development and implementation phases.
- Act as principal client contact on all aspects of the Area during the delivery phase. Develop and maintain effective client relationships, monitor client satisfaction levels and respond urgently to any client concerns and ensure improvement plans are developed, implemented and progress against plans is shared with clients.
- Manage and pro-actively engage in mitigating risks to the area across the portfolio, support contractual performance and total project delivery, including anticipating problems and developing actions plans.
- Full project life cycle management.
- Ensure that the Area fully complies with all statutory and regulatory provisions including HMRI, ORR and the CDM Regulations.
- Ensure project change control procedures are established and adhered to and reported to
the boardIPLT in a timely and effective manner to minimize impact on project delivery.
- Regularly review project forecast with the Commercial Director and report to the IPLT, ensuring any discrepancies are resolved.
- Approve the mobilization plan for the area including supporting recruitment when necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- hold relevant university degree
- Chartered Member or Fellow of an appropriate professional institution or similar professional qualification
Experience and skills:
- Proven track record at a senior leadership level, of leading cross functional teams within large and complex project environments internally and externally
- Current knowledge of the applicable Health and Safety standards and the adoption of best practice in delivery of tunneling and associated works
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and a track record of pre-construction, project procurement and project execution
- Previous experience in delivering work within set timeframes and in accordance with a defined project strategy and allocated budget.
- Understanding of the impact of change and the mechanisms to record and communicate the impact of change within the team and the entire organization
- A proven advocate for innovation and technology driven by a desire to promote continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- An ability to define expectations, establish measurement of performance and hold individuals and teams to account for their outcomes and celebrate their achievements.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to different cultures drawn from a diverse background with an inclusive and equitable approach to team selection and appointment.
Key Behaviors and attributes:
- Strategic Skills – Innovative Management / Strategic Agility
- Operating Skills – Priority Setting
- Energy & Drive – Drive for results / Perseverance
- Personal & Interpersonal Skills – Ethics and Values / Integrity and Trust / Motivating others