Our Skanska Costain STRABAG joint venture team is working in partnership with HS2 to deliver the new London tunnels from Euston to West Ruislip. Our joint venture team is working on sites at Euston, Old Oak Common and West Ruislip, building tunnels 13 miles long and up to 50m deep, supporting delivery of HS2 phase one.
We are looking for a Project Director to join our HS2 team onsite in London. You will be responsible for supporting the leadership and delivery of the area, in accordance with SCS project’s procedures and best practice guidance.
• Accountability for the SCS culture around business, health, safety and wellbeing and collaboration.
Manage the area in line with the target budget in collaboration with the Commercial Area lead for Copthall Area of the site
• Working closely with HS2 and other stakeholders to further develop and enhance the JV reputation within the industry
• Ensure that robust procedures exist for management of whole Copthall Area during the development and implementation phases
• Manage and pro-actively engage in mitigating risks to the area across the portfolio, support contractual performance and total project delivery, including anticipating problems and developing actions plans
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven track record at a senior leadership level, of leading cross functional teams within large and complex heavy civil engineering project environments with extensive experience in Earthworks, Structural concrete and work adjacent to live railways. This should include ‘cut & cover’ tunnelling works
- Current knowledge of the applicable Health and Safety standards and the adoption of best practice
- Ensuring that robust procedures are developed, implemented and supported to ensure the Design and Construction Assurance for the assets are completed in time for handover.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to different cultures drawn from a diverse background with an inclusive and equitable approach to team selection and appointment
About the Company
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender identity or expression, age, religion, sexual orientation and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and high-performing teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We welcome you to ask about flexibility at interview stage and we will explore what is possible for the role.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
More information about the role
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: email@example.com
The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the business.