Project Controls Manager (MEP)
The Project Controls Manager will be ultimately responsible for establishing the budget loaded programme, monitoring, control and reporting systems to comply with the Contract and Works Information, and to facilitate the successful delivery of a major project.
Ensure effective execution of Project Controls on the project in accordance with company procedures to achieve best practice project administration which delivers close project control and accurate project forecasting.
- To work closely with the Project Manager, Commercial manager and planning team to maximise MEP delivery.
- Establish protocols to manage the budget and maintain.
- Establish protocols to manage the programme.
- Undertake and maintain earned value analysis (EVA).
- Support in the development of resource loaded programmes (if required).
- Manage and maintain MEP Cost value reconciliation
- Manage and maintain cost data information
- Responsible for the management of the F&R (forecasting and reporting process).
- Data analysis and integration with the other Area Project control leads including accounts & planning
- Assist in the development of automation of day to day tasks (via excel of other platform)
- Manage governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance across the supply chain
The Ideal Candidate
- Project Management experience (as part of a team or otherwise)
- Numeracy and ability to create and use Excel spreadsheets
- Ability and motivation to work both in teams and individually.
- Strong Communication skills, both inter personal and with the written word
- Civil or other engineering degree, or Project Control specific qualifications
- Experience in use of Power BI, P6 and other Project Control software (PRISM, iTWO etc)
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.