Project Controls Engineer
The Project Controls Engineer will support this agenda, and develop and produce reports as required, for example on progress, outputs achieved, critical paths, resources (including quantity tracking) and earned value.
This will involve extensive use of excel spreadsheets to be able to produce the required outputs.
Assist the Project Control Manager to ensure effective execution of Project Controls on the project.
Comply with company procedures and accurate project forecasting.
Liaise and assist with internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities may also include assisting the site QS with their reporting
Assist in the production of the Earned Value report, with particular emphasis on the Key Indicators, Schedule Performance Indicator, (SPI), and Cost Performance Indicator, (CPI).
- Use the document control system to optimise distribution of information.
- Support the planning team to establish EVA and ensure that monthly reporting is accurate, including any additional measures required under the contract.
- Ensure that client reporting requirements are always met
- Work with the commercial team to ensure that the EVA and cost systems correlate and that the combined monthly reporting is accurate.
- Produce a monthly quantity report (Excel) and graph of various quantities supplied by the delivery teams
- Be client focused and aware of the client’s priorities and develop into the plans. Cascade a positive approach to meeting these down through the team.
- Establish and work to maintain robust open and honest reporting with all parties to ensure project meets targets.
- Have knowledge of conditions of contract
The Ideal Candidate
- Understanding of EVM terminology and practice
- Knowledge of the Engineering and Construction Industry
- Competent IT skills including MS Excel and the ability to use this to manipulate data and produce data gathering templates - High degree of proficiency in Excel is required such as the use of ‘V-look up matrix’ and the ability to produce graphs illustrating the data
- An ability to effectively interpret data and provide input on business process improvement
- Knowledge of using data visualisation tools and creating meaningful graphs and dashboards
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.