Project Controls Engineer
Responsibilities of Project Controls will vary but may include:
- Cost management
- Change management
- Earned value management
- Project reporting – to the client and company
The Project Controls Engineer will work under the direction of the Project Controls Manager in supporting project controls deliverables with a focus on cost control and data analysis.
- Support project controls team with cost analysis
- Understand and analyse cost related aspects of self-performed construction activities
- Gather project site updates and prepare periodic progress reports
- Monitor, interpret and advise on cashflow and budgets
- Create monthly budget forecast updates for management
- Assist the Project Manager in promoting communication throughout the team
- Work with the supply chain to establish effective relationships and ensure continuous improvement in delivering programme and productivity
- Establish and conduct EVA activities
- Work with the commercial team to ensure that the EVA and cost systems correlate and that the combined monthly reporting is accurate.
- Ensure that client reporting requirements are always met, and that reporting is accurate
- Establish and work to maintain robust open and honest reporting with all parties
- Have knowledge of conditions of contract and ensure that project timescales are achieved.
- Liaise and assist with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
- Familiarity with project control software iTWO
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Competent user of Microsoft Office suite including SharePoint, PowerBI and MS Excel
- Knowledge of the engineering and construction industry
- An ability to effectively interpret data and provide input on business process improvement
Civil or other engineering degree, or Project Control specific qualifications
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.