Project Controls Coordinator
The responsibilities of the Project Controls Coordinator include managing the day-to-day activities necessary for the fulfilment of project controls team duties. An excellent coordinator who should be well organized with strong communication and able to work under pressure. Responsible for direct support of the Project Controls and Contract Director to whom this role reports.
Supporting the Project Controls and Contract Director directly in tasks including but not limited to:
- Creating and distributing communications, presentations and other media;
- Manipulating and analysing complex data using Microsoft Excel;
- Administration and coordination of meetings and briefings;
- Administration and coordination of HR records and contracts;
- Collation, analysis and consolidation of reports; and
- Diary management and minute-taking.
Coordination of the project controls team including but not limited to:
- Administering the department time keeping process;
- Assisting compilation of reports and correspondence;
- Coordination of the team calendar and organisation chart;
- Compilation and organisation of data into required formats;
- Organisation of education courses, conferences and other team events;
- Undertaking record-keeping including the preparation of meeting packs, meeting invites and taking meeting minutes;
- Liaising with the relevant departments to obtain, collate and submit documents; and
- Analysis of data and provision of ad-hoc reports as and when required.
All duties include:
- Adherence to SCS policies and procedures; and
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Administration, or a related field;
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Suite particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook;
- Able to support multiple individuals, manage own workload and deliver to deadlines;
- Demonstrated continuous development / learning; and
- Experience in communicating efficiently to a wide variety of stakeholders.
Desirable qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- Experience of SharePoint and Power BI;
- Project Controls or Financial Certification;
- Familiarity with the construction industry; and
- Familiarity with project controls and/or financial terminology.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.