Project Controls Administrative Assistant
The role may involve all aspects of administration and analytical duties necessary for the fulfilment of project controls activities. Responsible for direct support of the Project Controls and Contract Director to whom this role reports.
Supporting the Project Controls and Contract Director directly in tasks including but not limited to:
- Creating and distributing communications, presentations and other media;
- Administration and coordination of meetings and briefings;
- Collation, analysis and consolidation of reports; and
- Diary management and minute-taking.
General administration for the project controls team including but not limited to:
- Administering the department time keeping process;
- Assisting compilation of reports and correspondence;
- Coordination of the team calendar and organisation chart;
- Compilation and organisation of data into required formats;
- Organisation of education courses, conferences and other team events;
- Undertaking record-keeping including the preparation of meeting packs, meeting invites and taking meeting minutes;
- Liaising with the relevant departments to obtain, collate and submit documents; and
- Analysis of data and provision of ad-hoc reports as and when required.
All duties include:
- Adherence to SCS policies and procedures; and
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- Exceptional organisational ability;
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Suite particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook;
- Able to support multiple individuals, manage own workload and deliver to deadlines; and
- Experience in communicating efficiently to a wide variety of stakeholders.
Desirable qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- Experience of SharePoint and Power BI;
- Familiarity with the construction industry; and
- Familiarity with project controls and/or financial terminology.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services.
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example. HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.