Preconstruction Manager ( Shafts)
We are currently have a vacancy for a Preconstruction manager for our shafts work on the HS2 main works.
As Preconstruction manager you shall be responsible for developing construction methodologies, providing technical support to procurement, reviewing design and interfacing with design and subcontract representatives
You will report to the Project Manager.
The specific role duties include, but are not limited to, the following:-
- Be accountable for the development of procurement packages, identifying limits of scope and supporting the PM and CM in the development of the procurement strategy.
- Be accountable for the management of design and construction interface, defining construction methodologies and identifying constructability issues. Working with the Design Manager ensure that design issues are identified and escalated from the construction team in a timely manner.
- Support the Asset Agents in administer the main contract for the works, identifying relevant risk/opportunity, manage change and working with the commercial team to ensure
- Support the Asset Agent Administer the subcontracts for your packages of works and support the Section Managers in managing their packages of works in accordance with Company and Project requirements. Have a clear understanding of the defined scope for each of the subcontractors and manage the interfaces between these packages of works. Ensure that all change is captured, relevant risks are identified and communicated from the preconstruction phase.
- Take a leading role in managing safety of the project, ensuring compliance to statutory, company, and project requirements. Support the Section Managers, the Works Manager and their associated teams with all stages of the safety lifecycle, from Safety Readiness Reviews through to Lessons Learnt. Ensure that you and your team have the appropriate training and experience to manage the works under your control, escalating any concerns to the Project Manager.
- Support the Temporary Works Coordinator in managing both the temporary works process and associated site activities. Ensure that the project team have the suitable training and competency to undertake manage the temporary works on site.
- contract requirements and manage these within your section of the works. This shall include but not be limited to Material Certification, ITPs, and management of snags and defects. Ensure that Section Mangers promptly compile information for the handover file (i.e. As Builts and quality records) and liaise with the client to obtain sign off of the works.
- Take an active role in mentoring staff within your team, developing their skills, identifying appropriate training needs, and reviewing their competence in readiness for new tasks/roles. Take steps to effectively manage performance issues with members of staff and ensure that these are suitably recorded. Ensure that any staff concerns are escalated to your line manager.
- Undertake constructability reviews of design information as it is released, providing suitable constructive feedback on the design proposals.
Ensure that the quality management system is implemented in accordance with the
- Accountable for the management of the preconstruction works for SRVS and MRVS.
- Responsible for the procurement of packages. Supporting the commercial team in identifying and valuing change and managing risk.
- Accountable for ensuring the effective management of subcontracts.
- Mentoring and development of reporting engineers
The Ideal Candidate
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- Construction based qualification.
- Previous Shaft/Foundations experience – desired
- Internal building fit out and MEP – required
- Pre-construction experience – required
- CSCS – Required
- SMSTS – Required
- Open and Honest
- Team Player