Planning Engineer (Technical Assurance)
To work closely with Technical Assurance Managers (area and core), including the Planning/Programming teams across the project to ensure key/milestone dates and activities have been correctly programmed, for timely delivery.
The post holder will be expected to support the wider team in the resources have been identified to support the reduction technical debt and build resilience into the core team.
- Development and update of Certification Route maps (Strategy).
- Recovery of ‘Technical Debt’.
- Support the update of process and procedures to ensure continued compliance to Contract and Works Information (WI).
- Support assurance for Critical Path activities.
- Manage Programme for Certification.
- Increase core team resilience & capacity to re-direct resources as needed to support area teams.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or an appropriate professional qualification
- Prior experience in planning function in civil engineering projects
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of Asset structures, Planning Standards, WBS and Planning processes in a BIM environment.
- Competence in Primavera P6 and Tilos
- Knowledge of Safety, Environment and Risk Management
- Strong communication skills
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.