Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Package Manager required for the program and delivery in shafts.
Prepare for the delivery of these works, manage resources and providing supervision, advice and guidance to the Sub-Contractors.
Ensure the progress of the works are in accordance with the contract, program, budget and design requirements.
Implement and assure compliance with all relevant HS2 and or statutory requirements with regards to Health, Safety, Environment and Public relations within their scope of work.
- Managing a site team, including subcontractors, suppliers and 3rd parties, including implementation of the health, safety, environmental and quality standards,
- Develop the design, construction methodology, programme and cost. Prepare for the delivery of the works, including resources, procurement, consents, and pre start documentation.
- Manage, supervise, train and mentor the site team to enable them to optimise their work contribution.
- Review contractual agreements and develop detailed site specific programmes and forecast budgets, assess actual programme and productivity achieved and review weekly, taking action where appropriate, and reporting any changes to the Construction Manager and QS department.
- Be fully conversant with subcontractor’s contract conditions, assist to develop job specific subcontract conditions and manage the subcontractors account with the QS team.
- Requisitioning resources in a timely manner to ensure that they are correctly specified and readily available so as not to impede the construction programme.
- Communicate to the Construction Manager, QA and QS teams non-conformances and any instructions received from the client / designer / RE’s staff. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work related discussions with Client / Designer / RE / Project Team.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works are being implemented and adhered to.
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Implement the relevant requirements of the Safety Management System within their area of responsibility.
- Ensure that the Construction Team, Sub-Contractors and Suppliers receive or have access to copies of the relevant Health and Safety as well as Environmental Policy and are kept informed of relevant developments and issues.
- Internal liaison with the Construction Manager, Design and Engineering Team, QA team and Cost Control.
- External liaison with HS2, Subcontractors / Suppliers and Stakeholders, close co-ordination with the Operations/scheduling team.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensuring health and safety is given the highest priority in the delivery of the works
- Be familiar with and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Ensure that the Health Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated to the workforce and implemented
- Work collaboratively with the HS2 team and other contractors, subcontractors to achieve the overall project goals
- Supervising responsibility for site teams; liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop, maintain and monitor a robust programme that is cascaded and understood by the team
- Develop forecast budgets, assess actual programme and productivity achieved taking action where appropriate
- Positively manage the programme to ensure sufficient resources with the necessary skills are in place to deliver the project and the effective and efficient management of those resources
- Managing the team and supply chain to ensure that they deliver in an efficient way and in accordance with the Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements
- Understands the scope of the works and identify change Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Assessment of Project Delivery risks, development and implementation of mitigation measures including allocating responsibilities within the team and ensuring that suitable mitigation plans are in place and monitored
- Promoting the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement, driving innovation, adopting best practice, standard processes and procedures
- Guiding and developing the team in terms of skills & competencies to optimise their work contribution as well as encouraging behaviours / cultures supporting collaboration.
- Ensuring and overseeing the professional development and progression of staff and ensure that necessary training and briefings are identified and provided
- Setting clear goals and objectives, roles and responsibilities and ensuring good clear communication throughout the team
- Ad hoc duties as required by the job
The Ideal Candidate
- Suitable building/civil engineering technical qualification HNC/HND/Degree
- Fit out experience - blockwork, cladding, fire doors etc.
- Building experience along with civils experience essential
- Knowledge of construction techniques, sequencing and best practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of working to and implementing construction contracts.
- Ability to use initiative based on engineering and practical experience.
- Capable of working independently and proactively to progress works but also skilled at working collaboratively with other integrated team members and external stakeholders for the overall benefit of the project.
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Document Control Systems, Auto CAD).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adjust communication style to suite receiver.
- Relevant CSCS Card.
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management.
- Experience of constructability reviews and construction input to the design development including through the Early Contractor Involvement
- Previous experience in complex project delivery environment
- Major tunnelling project experience
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident Leader. We want to encourage disabled people to apply for our roles and have an opportunity to display your skills, talent, and abilities. We will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview.
Please see the disability confident commitments:
To be considered for an interview under this scheme you have:
- A physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term effect (over 12 months) adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities
- Demonstrated in your application and pre-interview stage that you meet the minimum job criteria and person specification for the role