Package Manager required for the program and delivery in shafts.
Prepare for the delivery of these works, manage resources and providing supervision, advice and guidance to the Sub-Contractors.
Ensure the progress of the works are in accordance with the contract, program, budget and design requirements.
Implement and assure compliance with all relevant HS2 and or statutory requirements with regards to Health, Safety, Environment and Public relations within their scope of work.
- Managing a site team, including subcontractors, suppliers and 3rd parties, including implementation of the health, safety, environmental and quality standards,
- Develop the design, construction methodology, programme and cost. Prepare for the delivery of the works, including resources, procurement, consents, and pre start documentation.
- Manage, supervise, train and mentor the site team to enable them to optimise their work contribution.
- Review contractual agreements and develop detailed site specific programmes and forecast budgets, assess actual programme and productivity achieved and review weekly, taking action where appropriate, and reporting any changes to the Construction Manager and QS department.
- Be fully conversant with subcontractor’s contract conditions, assist to develop job specific subcontract conditions and manage the subcontractors account with the QS team.
- Requisitioning resources in a timely manner to ensure that they are correctly specified and readily available so as not to impede the construction programme.
- Communicate to the Construction Manager, QA and QS teams non-conformances and any instructions received from the client / designer / RE’s staff. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work related discussions with Client / Designer / RE / Project Team.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works are being implemented and adhered to.
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Implement the relevant requirements of the Safety Management System within their area of responsibility.
- Ensure that the Construction Team, Sub-Contractors and Suppliers receive or have access to copies of the relevant Health and Safety as well as Environmental Policy and are kept informed of relevant developments and issues.
- Internal liaison with the Construction Manager, Design and Engineering Team, QA team and Cost Control.
- External liaison with HS2, Subcontractors / Suppliers and Stakeholders, close co-ordination with the Operations/scheduling team.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensuring health and safety is given the highest priority in the delivery of the works
- Be familiar with and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Ensure that the Health Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated to the workforce and implemented
- Work collaboratively with the HS2 team and other contractors, subcontractors to achieve the overall project goals
- Supervising responsibility for site teams; liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop, maintain and monitor a robust programme that is cascaded and understood by the team
- Develop forecast budgets, assess actual programme and productivity achieved taking action where appropriate
- Positively manage the programme to ensure sufficient resources with the necessary skills are in place to deliver the project and the effective and efficient management of those resources
- Managing the team and supply chain to ensure that they deliver in an efficient way and in accordance with the Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements
- Understands the scope of the works and identify change Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Assessment of Project Delivery risks, development and implementation of mitigation measures including allocating responsibilities within the team and ensuring that suitable mitigation plans are in place and monitored
- Promoting the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement, driving innovation, adopting best practice, standard processes and procedures
- Guiding and developing the team in terms of skills & competencies to optimise their work contribution as well as encouraging behaviours / cultures supporting collaboration.
- Ensuring and overseeing the professional development and progression of staff and ensure that necessary training and briefings are identified and provided
- Setting clear goals and objectives, roles and responsibilities and ensuring good clear communication throughout the team
- Ad hoc duties as required by the job
The Ideal Candidate
- Suitable building/civil engineering technical qualification HNC/HND/Degree
- Knowledge of construction techniques, sequencing and best practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of working to and implementing construction contracts.
- Ability to use initiative based on engineering and practical experience.
- Capable of working independently and proactively to progress works but also skilled at working collaboratively with other integrated team members and external stakeholders for the overall benefit of the project.
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Document Control Systems, Auto CAD).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adjust communication style to suite receiver.
- Relevant CSCS Card.
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management.
- Experience of constructability reviews and construction input to the design development including through the Early Contractor Involvement
- Previous experience in complex project delivery environment