Package Manager - Condition Surveys
We are recruiting a Package Manager for rail asset condition surveys.
SCS is required to capture the condition of rail assets which are potentially affected by the works after construction.
The primary purpose of the role will be to manage the subcontractor and ensure that the survey works are planned and undertaken in line with the contract and within the inspection window described. There will be significant interface and engagement required with the SCS Delivery Units, the Planning Teams and with the Community Engagement Teams who will be managing access across the areas.
The Package Manager will report to the Head of Engineering.
The Package Manager will work closely with:
- HS2 Project Managers
- Delivery Units
- Community Engagement Team
- SHE team
- BIM team
- Other HS2 Principal Contractors
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Review of tender submissions and assist procurement team in the appointment process.
- Manage the subcontractor once they have been appointed.
- Consult with Deliver units, Planners and Community Engagement Teams to co-ordinate survey access.
- Consult with the commercial team.
- Programme the work with the subcontractor in accordance with the latest construction programme.
- Review, accept and distribute the reports.
- Maintenance of the survey database.
- Review and acceptance of the subcontractor’s programme.
- Management and review of Risk Assessments, Templates and Task Briefing Sheets for the condition survey works.
- Production and management of a Task Information Delivery Plan (TIDP) for the condition survey works.
- Participating, including chairing, weekly meetings, monthly progress meetings with the subcontractor.
- Participating in community engagement events and stakeholder meetings as required by the Community Engagement Teams.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree (or equivalent) in relevant engineering discipline.
- Previous experience managing building / structure survey works on large infrastructure projects.
- Familiarity with the NEC suite of subcontracts.
- In addition to the above requirements, the successful candidate must conduct his/her duties in accordance with the SCS JV Core Values below.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident Leader. We want to encourage disabled people to apply for our roles and have an opportunity to display your skills, talent, and abilities. We will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview.
Please see the disability confident commitments:
To be considered for an interview under this scheme you have:
- A physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term effect (over 12 months) adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities
- Demonstrated in your application and pre-interview stage that you meet the minimum job criteria and person specification for the role