Occupational Health & Wellbeing Manager
To support the Head of Occupational Health and Wellbeing in the management of health and wellbeing for SCS activities including implementation of the Health Management Plan. The Occupational Health & Wellbeing Manager will support roll out of the health and wellbeing strategy to manage physical and psychological work-related and lifestyle health risk to SCS.
Working collaboratively across a wide spectrum within areas of health, safety and construction design, the post holder will advise on the design, commission, implementation and evaluation of innovative health programmes, projects, intervention’s, and initiatives to manage and improve the incidence of physical, psychological, and behavioural health risks and build future organisational capability and reputation.
The position plays a key role in helping to establish and maintain the highest and where possible, new industry Health and Wellbeing standards for the project. The role will involve overseeing and coordinating activities of the Occupational Health Provider.
- Collaboratively working with Occupational Health delivery partners, OH Provider, internal SCS occupational health managers, hygienists, health specialists and operational business units to ensure that all significant organisational risks to health are consistently and appropriately identified and communicated and that programmes are installed to effectively manage those health risks in line with appropriate health protection plans, legislative guides and where reasonably practicable sector best practice
and external) aims, priorities and risks with regards to H&W
Provide operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of ill health
Develop and manage a program of H&W surveillance where required of operational sites.
Participate, as requested in Parent Company H&W audits
Provide advice and assist if necessary with the preparation of H&W risk assessments.
Undertake and/ or assist with the monitoring, analysis of and reporting of H&W performance and utilise data to highlight areas of further consideration, evaluation and intervention ·
Assist and/or manage the investigation of exposure beyond set exposure levels (set by client)
Assist in the preparation and implementation of H&W training/ briefings, as directed.
Promote best practice, capture best practice and ensure it is fed-back into the business and parent companies
Set standards and lead by example in the management of H&W
Liaise with the other members of the HSSW Team and the wider organisation with regards to H&W
Maintain own level of knowledge and competency in relations to H&W Management and responsibilities including appropriate qualifications and professional membership
Obtain competency cards in line with the SCS Competence Card Compliance Standard
Working with the Head of OH &W to ensure SCS and appropriate occupational health service delivery partners have a robust and effective operational health risk management-based solution for foreseeable major incident events
Ensuring occupational health delivery partners consistently deliver robust and appropriately referenced fitness for work, health surveillance and case management support programmes suitable and sufficient for the needs of SCS
Utilising evidence based clinical practice to implement new and more productive ways of working through the nominated occupational health service/health related delivery partners promoting operational health risk management and JV workforce capabilities
Interfacing with appropriate national organisations, regulatory bodies, and other sources of appropriate reference to ensure SCS continues to pre-emptively manage effectively its specific health risks including new and emerging threats
Supporting the Head of OH&W in the development and implementation of a visible and actively managed programme of initiatives, designed to shape the organisational culture in support of SCSs mission, vision, and values
- Understand the SCS Health & Wellbeing Policies and Procedures and statutory requirements as they affect the SCS operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented
- Provide operational and functional management advice on the practical implementation of the company’s Health and Wellbeing (H&W) policies and processes including external stakeholders such as customers if necessary.
- Assist and provide advice to Contract Management in the understanding of stakeholders (internal
The Ideal Candidate
· A health professional related qualification
· The individual must also possess a Diploma/Degree in Occupational Health
· Must have previous experience of working in Construction
· Ideally the individual will have experience of managing a team
· Experienced in delivering organisational change whilst promoting collaborative working relationships, understanding change and exchange of ideas to find low impact resolutions
· The ability to empathise and communicate with all people, regardless of their background or circumstances
Be computer literate