We are looking for a Mechanical Superintendent to manage the technical, design, quality and engineering issues that may arise through the various stages the HS2 SCS JV from preconstruction through to procurement ensuring that solutions support time, cost and quality criteria required.
- Manage the engineering input into the project strategic plan.
- Participate in the review of the design for buildability
- Check and approve working drawings and 3D BIM model and details.
- Input and comment on the form of construction, construction details, specification, issues and respond to technical queries.
- Integration of project engineering, procurement and installation activities as well as Co-ordination of all site activities.
- Implement compliance with both project and internal documentation i.e. IMS, PEP and KPIs
- Ensure the works are completed in compliance with inspection and test plans and method statements
- Awareness of the major risks and work to minimise them.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
- A Mechanical background with Building Services experience within the rail sector is essential as is a proven track record of project delivery within this environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of materials, specifications and industry working practices
- Experience in SCL, TBM or conveyors highly desirable
- Educated to ONC level or above
- Relevant professional / Industry qualifications
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for
economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s
10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both
Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is
around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels
(TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks
and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility,
join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador). Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example. HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, you do not have to provide a response. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We will not share any of your data with other parties. This form is not mandatory, but your response would be appreciated We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.