- Carry out a range of soils/aggregates and concrete laboratory tests
- Carry out a range of soil/aggregates/concrete in situ tests in a construction environment
- Carry out materials sampling and sample management
- Keep accurate and legible records of all works undertaken
- Keep accurate and legible administrative records
- Work to documented QA/QC systems include UKAS
- Works to published technical specifications and standards
- Identify and manage risk in all work activities
- Manage and maintain company equipment
- Manage and maintain company vehicles
- Liaise with client representatives on testing requirements
- Basic equipment calibration when required
The Ideal Candidate
- HND /HNC / NVQ in a relevant subject beneficial but not essential
- Variety of relevant testing experience
- Good communication skills, both written and verbally
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Reliable with excellent timekeeping
- Willingness to work overtime which may also include weekend and/or night working
- A full driving license is essential.
- Preferably an industry accredited safety training eg. CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme)
- Experience in tunneling, earthworks and Concrete would be of advantage
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high-speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high-speed services The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador). Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example. HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process.
To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties.
All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.