Logistics Site Engineer (Segments)
We are looking to recruit a site engineer (Logistics) to work in our HS2 London Tunnels Project
Reporting operationally to the Tunnel Logistic Manager. Responsible for all ordering, management and quality inspections of all the tunnel consumables and utilities in line with the tunnel production.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Support the Tunnel Logistic Manager responsible for ordering, management and quality inspections of all tunnel consumables and utilities (tunnel segmental linings, cement, bentonite, GGBS, Accelerator, Foam, Grease, Hydraulic oil, HV and LV Cables, conveyor belt, brackets and accessories, walkways, service pipes, valves and accessories) in line with the tunnel production.
- Assist in keeping a track of all actual consumptions comparing the forecast and produce monthly reports.
- Ensure coordination between supplier / liaison with Tunnel team and SCS logistic team for all logistics and delivery (via road or rail) of all consumables with associated certification documentation.
- Raise any potential quality, programme or cost issues to the package manager for review & resolution.
- Maintaining overall quality, reporting observations/defects and final acceptance of segments on site.
- Ensure all NCR’s are promptly raised and closed out and lessons learnt shared across the wider segment packages.
- Manage, review and certify the segment repair process.
- Review monthly quality reports.
- Liaise with store manager and maintain stock count of all consumables and utilities.
- To drive innovation and efficiency improvements
The Ideal Candidate
- CSCS card.
- Engineering Degree / HNC or similar in a construction disciple.
- SMSTS/SSSTS desired.
- Previous recent and relevant project experience in tunnel segments or precast concrete manufacture desired.
- Ability to work with logistics and construction teams to maintain delivery schedule.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Must be hands on with strong change environment nature, ability to embed continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure Health and Safety and Quality is at the forefront on daily activity.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident Leader. We want to encourage disabled people to apply for our roles and have an opportunity to display your skills, talent, and abilities. We will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview.
Please see the disability confident commitments:
To be considered for an interview under this scheme you have:
- A physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term effect (over 12 months) adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities
- Demonstrated in your application and pre-interview stage that you meet the minimum job criteria and person specification for the role