Logistics Coordinator (Maternity Cover)
The Logistics Coordinators will join the SCS Logistics team that manages construction logistics across the HS2 main works. The primary purpose is to assist the Logistic Operations Manager deliver a seamless operation to the construction sites across the SCS geographic area.
Role Success Criteria
- Operating the logistics system to deliver our teams requirements to construction sites and HS2.
- Accurate site and gate capacity management based on planning forecasts.
- Collaboration with site team to ensure logistics system compliance.
- Collaboration with suppliers to ensure company, vehicle, driver and system compliance.
- Early warning notifications for non-conformance.
- Meet response times to all queries including management of the logistics email.
- Successful relationships with stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
- Adherence and promotion of logistics processes with particular emphasis on system compliance.
- Ensure supplier, vehicle and driver compliance.
- Manage site and gate capacities based on planning forecasts within the logistics system.
- Produce KPI reports in line with SCS and HS2 requirements.
- Non-conformance management, supporting solution implementation to avoid repeat occurrences.
- Any other business relating to organization the logistics coordinator role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service.
- Skillful problem solver, and calm under pressure.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in IT Skills and able to use online/electronic databases
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.