Reporting to the Head of Legal, you will be a technically astute and ambitious lawyer capable of advising on the full remit of construction matters on one of the nation’s largest construction projects.
The Legal Counsel is responsible for
- Drafting NEC3 and bespoke contracts, including design appointments, sub-consultancy agreements, collateral warranties, deeds of variation, etc.
- Negotiating best for joint venture risk profiles
- Being the subject matter expert for the main contract on the project
- Providing procurement strategy advice to the joint venture project board
- Liaise with the joint venture board and in-house counsel
- Supporting rigorous and effective risk management across the business through the provision of seminars and internal training events
- Engaging external support where it adds best value for the project
- Supporting the wide project team in ensuring the SCS JV's compliance with GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018 and other applicable data protection laws and regulations;
- The administration, governance and audit of all policies and procedures that relate to the SCS Joint Venture Ethical Business Policy
The Ideal Candidate
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Qualified solicitor around 5-6 PQE with top tier experience in non-contentious construction.
- Lawyers from contentious construction programme who are interested in flexing their skillset to involve drafting and non-contentious matters are also encouraged to apply.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please note PQE levels are provided purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Behaviours / Attributes
In addition to the above discipline role, the Legal Counsel must carry out his/her duties in accordance with the SCS JV Core Values