Junior Quality Engineer
What does a Quality Practitioner do?
The broad purpose of the role is to support the Quality team in their responsible area to ensure organisations fulfil the contractual and regulatory requirements of their customers and other stakeholders. This includes four main elements:
- Quality Planning (planning a delivery system for reliable outputs, such as implementing Quality Management Plans)
- Quality Assurance (providing confidence to stakeholders that Quality standards are maintained, such as conducting audits).
- Quality Control (verifying a product or service is meeting agreed specifications, such as carrying out inspections)
- Continuous Improvement (preventing recurrence of poor quality through analysis and addressing the root cause of poor quality, such as conducting investigations).
- Supporting the area Quality engineers/inspectors.
- Effective use of Quality tools.
- Updating schedules and reports with relevant information.
- Preparing documents for surveillances.
- Working towards a formal qualification.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have a passion for quality
- Looking to build a career in Quality
- Willing to learn,
- Degree or equivalent in civil / Environmental engineering or similar
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.