Inventory & Fleet Assistant Manager
The Inventory and Fleet Assistant Manager will join the SCS Logistics team that manages construction logistics across the HS2 main works. They will be responsible for establishing, testing, implementing, and auditing the use of the Logistics Inventory System for materials receipt, storage and dispatch processes at sites and store locations across the SCS geographic area. They will also be responsible for establishing, implementing, and auditing of the SCS Fleet Management processes to ensure driver and vehicle compliance to policy, process, and regulations.
The role is aimed at an experienced warehouse/stores manager/supervisor who can demonstrate a track-record of operating in a system-based goods receipt, handling and dispatch operations in a scale operation across multiple sites. While not essential, a background in or knowledge of construction stores would be beneficial.
Role Success Criteria
- Project management of inventory systems testing implementation and site set-up
- Delivering the Inventory and Fleet service within SCS
- Ensuring process is followed to allow optimum stock availability and stock loss control.
- Working with other SCS functions to provide an exemplar service to internal and external stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Control and audit of inbound, put-away, issue and return of materials process.
- Ensuring compliance of drivers and vehicles to fleet policy and process and driver and vehicle regulations
- Reporting and reconciliation of materials movements
- Ensuring workforce training
- Managing and complying with Health and Safety within legal and SCS policies
- Compliance with HS2 and SCS IT policy
- Deputise for Inventory and Stores Manager
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience managing or supervising people and process within a successful system controlled, multi-site stores or warehouse operation. (essential) Construction industry specific (preferable)
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English (essential)
- Good organisation skills (essential)
- Good desktop IT skills e.g.. MS Office (essential)
- Be a team player.
- Be a problem solver.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Be an enthusiastic and quick learner.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.