The SCS IT Team is responsible for managing cloud-based services and on-site facilities for about 2000 users.
Our services are SaaS by Construction related solution providers, and our effort is towards insuring business requirements and service levels are met.
The Integration Architect is responsible for taking lead role in establishing integration architecture discipline, integration architecture, policies & design for the systems and providing hands-on integration technical capability leading to establish support function within IT department. The role design, implement and help to maintain IT system integration solutions to meet the needs of IT Requirements.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Lead and manage integration architecture activities together with other IT architects, support teams and 3rd party vendors.
- Be "the go-to person" for all the integration related topics, information and knowledge of the integration technologies, platforms and architecture.
- Analyse and deliver solution to integration requirements for projects/BAU works which involves IT systems. Hands on skill to help deliver Design, Build, Test and also to lead/review the works delivered by third parties.
- Own and manage integration architecture related artefacts (integration inventory, integration architecture/design, guidelines, integration patterns)
- Closely work with support/service team, 3rd parties to monitor integration related issues and lead resolution in timely manner (specially production incidents) and take proactive actions.
- Ensure compliance with IT Security policies, and participates in security, audit and regulatory initiatives. Reinforce security rules and escalate where risky activity is detected.
- Manage the schedule & timeline of the activities across multiple systems/regions, assess and avoid conflicts and streamline the work efforts and communicate with relevant parties.
- Document processes, procedures, and plans, including changes, upgrades, and new integrations.
The Ideal Candidate
Proven experience as integration architect in developing integration strategy through to execution and delivery in established IT department, covering:
- Integration strategy and architecture
- Integration design (service catalogue, High Level Design, Low Level Design)
- Agile/iterative delivery
- API and ecosystem management
- Operational management of integration including performance, security and monitoring
Experienced in the design and implementation of integration products from vendors like IBM, Oracle, Dell, etc., delivering integrations between Cloud and On-Premises, Cloud and Cloud, On-premises and Off -premises systems, addressing business, technology, and people aspects.
Proven architectural design skills and ability to discuss the merits and trade-offs of using any particular design approach and technology.
- Expertise in integration architecture and design patterns:
- Protocols and formats SOA, Rest, JSON, XML, etc
- Error handling
- Event driven architecture
- API and ecosystem
- Identity and Access management
- Cloud to Cloud integration & Cloud to On Premise integration
- Front End and Back End integrations, network and infrastructure management.
- Experience of using EAM tool – LeanIX (desirable)
Minimum 3 years' experience of similar position/role or working within established architecture practice. Developed enterprise level integration design and delivered it accordingly using suitable technologies, adopting appropriate standards and governance.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident Leader. We want to encourage disabled people to apply for our roles and have an opportunity to display your skills, talent, and abilities. We will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview.
Please see the disability confident commitments:
To be considered for an interview under this scheme you have:
- A physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term effect (over 12 months) adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities
- Demonstrated in your application and pre-interview stage that you meet the minimum job criteria and person specification for the role