Instrumentation and Monitoring Lead
Assist the I&M Manager in all I&M matters in compliance with the Act, Works Information and any Third Party Agreements. Contributing to achieving a safe system of work and assuring to third parties that impact of construction is as predicted and acceptable. Implementing and triggering of contingency measures when necessary.
- Assist in the development and implementation of monitoring plans, programme and procedures for installation, protection, operation, maintenance and removal of equipment and instrumentation.
- Assist in I&M Management and management of all related approvals with 3rd parties in line with the Third Party Agreements by HS2.
- Appropriate supervision for instrument installation, monitoring, calibration checks, calibration registers and maintenance in accordance with the accepted Contractors specification and to ensure no delay to construction activities.
- Ensuring baseline readings being obtained in advance of commencement of construction activities and that readings are taken at the frequency specified in the Contractors monitoring Plan during construction activities.
- Attending review meetings and reporting against the agreed trigger levels.
- Triggering of pre-planned contingency measures and mobilization of the Management Action Team as necessary, with full authority to stop work immediately if trigger points are exceeded.
- Being fully familiar with any buildings, structures, anomalies or other assets in the vicinity of the TBM and other relevant works.
- Providing guidance and supervision for subcontractors and suppliers in instrumentation and monitoring matters.
- Providing information and clarifications to external parties, other MWCC, other works package contractors and liaison with third parties and communities.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant scientific subject.
- Demonstrable previous experience of management, installation, implementation, operation, maintenance and removal of instrument monitoring systems on a major project of similar nature.
- Previous experience in team management.
- Relevant CSCS Card.
- Adaptable and decisive, good self-management skills.
- Experience working in track environment (NR/LU)
- PTS Card
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.