IT Service Manager
SCS IT Team is responsible for managing cloud-based services and on-site facilities for about 2000 users. Our services are SaaS by Construction related solution providers, and our effort is towards ensuring business requirements and service levels are met; aligned to collaborative delivery of technology solutions.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to hire an IT Service Manager to join our IT team of currently 15 people managing an ecosystem of around 30 business systems, most of them in a SaaS or fully managed model.
The focus will be on managing IT Suppliers, their performance, and the coordination with IT Operations.
As an IT team we strive for excellence and are constantly looking to improve the service we provide, with that the successful candidate will need a "continuous improvement" mindset. This role report into Head of IT.
- Ensuring that Service Level Agreements and Underpinning Contracts related to business systems are appropriate for the agreed service level.
- Responsible for the definition and implementation of the Service review processes with focus on performance management.
- Responsible for the coordination among business, suppliers and IT Operations of the implementation of relevant ITIL Operation and transition processes (Change, incident, access, etc).
- Ensuring excellent proactive and reactive service is always delivered to business, taking ownership and responsibility for driving consistent services to defined SLA's.
- Manage major incidents, providing punctual actions, requesting the vendor of identifying their root causes and defining remedial actions (problems, prevention, and avoidance).
- Ensuring preventive maintenance and regular supplier reporting occur to schedule and to quality.
- Responsible for ensuring all suppliers perform their DR and PEN tests to the agreed schedule and delivery of any remedial activities, and have their accreditations and insurances renewed as per contract.
- Support managing the systems delivery process to ensure smooth and quality services are delivered (Programme manager).
- Ensure project governance and security standards are adhered to.
- Assist with budget mgmt. and cost control
- Responsible for contractual notification to vendors
The Ideal Candidate
- Teamwork and being a team player
- Ability to drive resolution in critical situation (DR, cyber incident, etc)
- Manage relationships effectively with suppliers and business
- Desirable previous experience of delivering projects in a more structured manner, improving process and delivery
- Desirable ITIL service management experience
- Knowledge and experience of SLAs and suppliers’ management, as well as service monitoring methods and tools.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including a proven ability to persuade and influence others using a variety of communication styles.
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to be dynamic, self-motivated and work on own using own initiative is essential
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.