I&M Data Technician
Responsibility for the configuration and management of the I&M Database and Visualization software within the Area. Contributing to achieving a safe system of work and assuring to third parties that impact of construction is as predicted and acceptable. Comparing data against trigger levels and reporting if necessary.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Configuration of instruments and trigger limits in the Database.
- Database management and ensuring that data is correctly entered, as well as validation of the electronic processing of data into information including the comparison of real-time data with manual back-up surveys.
- Configuration of required Reports.
- Providing in-time information required for all review meetings, including copies of all processed monitoring data to the Project Manager and reporting against the agreed trigger levels.
- If required, assistance to review meetings to present data.
- Comparison of actual measurements with predicted measurements related to construction processes and against trigger levels.
- Being fully familiar with any buildings, structures, anomalies or other assets in the vicinity of the TBM and other relevant works.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
Required Qualifications and Skills
- A degree in a scientific subject, or equivalent relevant business experience.
- Demonstrable experience in Construction Monitoring systems and knowledge of Instrumentation methods.
- Relevant CSCS Card.
- Good organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Capable of summarizing and presenting complex data in a clear and concise manner.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience in a similarly sized project.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident Employer. We welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.