Health and Safety Administrator
The role is support the HSS team in the administration of the project management processes on the Main Works Contract.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Manage on-line H&S reporting database(s) including reports to parent companies and the Client
- Administer the Induction process, H&S Training and Close Call/ Inspection databases
- Run reports as required
- Maintain the accident, incident and observation registers
- Maintain and manage the induction, training records and close calls.
- Manage and maintain any other files or records as deemed necessary by the Health, Safety & Security (HSS) team
- Organise random drugs & alcohol tests through liaison with the Contract Occupational Health provider for site/office staff
- Any other Administrative duties as deemed necessary by the H&S Manager
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Health & Safety Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in the use of databases
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook and general IT literacy
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Good telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Understanding and experience in working within the H&S department (desirable)
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.