Head of Utility MEP & Integration
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Head of Systems Integration will be responsible for the delivery and Integration of the Utility, MEP, and Interfaces NR and non NR with the civils SCS scope of works.
This is a key role in the SCS Senior management team in securing the needs of the delivery and Integration of the fit out and MEP works of the civil programme and deliverables. The candidate needs to have experience for a large complex project in a regulated environment.
To provide leadership to and overall accountability for:
- Development of the design, construction methodology, programme and cost for their area of work as assigned by the Technical Director.
- Preparation for the delivery of these works, manage resources and providing supervision, advice, and guidance to the members of the Technical, Construction teams and Sub-Contractors.
- Ensure the progress of the works are in accordance with the contract, programme, budget and design requirements.
- Implementation and assure compliance with all relevant HS2 and or statutory requirements with regards to Health, Safety, Environment and Public relations within their scope of work.
- Management of QA within section of works, including compilation of handover packs and gaining client approval.
- Oversee the Development of the design, construction methodology, programme and cost. Prepare for the delivery of the works, including resources, procurement, consents, and pre start documentation.
- Oversee the Management, supervise, train and mentor the senior team to enable them to optimize their work contribution.
- Review contractual agreements and oversee the development of the detailed site-specific programmes and forecast budgets, assess actual programme and productivity achieved and review weekly, taking action where appropriate, and reporting any changes to the Construction Managers and QS departments.
- Be fully conversant with subcontractor’s contract conditions, assist to develop job specific subcontract conditions and oversee the management the subcontractors account with the Senior MEP Project Manager and Commercial manage.
- Overseeing of the recruitment requirements Requisitioning resources in a timely manner to ensure that they are correctly specified and readily available so as not to impede the construction programme.
- Ensure that the team are Communicating to the Construction team, QA and QS teams non-conformances and any instructions received from the client / designer / RE’s staff. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Ensure that the team Keep
afull and accurate daily site diaries, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work-related discussions with Client / Designer / RE / Project Team.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works are being implemented and adhered to by the teams.
- Be familiar with and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Oversee the Implementation the relevant requirements of the Safety Management System within their area of responsibility.
- Ensure that the Construction Team, Sub-Contractors and Suppliers receive or have access to copies of the relevant Health and Safety as well as Environmental Policy and are kept informed of relevant developments and issues.
- Internal liaison with the Utility/ MEP / Interface Construction Manager, Design and Engineering Team, QA team and Cost Control.
- External liaison with HS2, Subcontractors / Suppliers and Stakeholders, close co-ordination with the Construction Manager required.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
- MEP Core Senior Project Manager
- Interface Lead (NR)
- Interface Lead (non NR)
- Utility lead(s)
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in involvement of a major regulated project, ideally from inception through to handover,.
- Experience in a similar level role, responsible for the delivery of Systems integration, Utility and MEP works, including management, procurement, design, construction, testing, commissioning, and handover.
- A professional qualification or degree (or equivalent) in relevant discipline, or equivalent
- Strong leadership, communication, and conflict management skills
- Experience of delivering Systems and Integration on a major rail project.
- Experience of Early Contractor Involvement models and NEC forms of contract
- Knowledge of industry regulations for design, construction and testing and commissioning of building services (e.g. BS 7671 and Building Regulations).
- Expert knowledge of products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards
- Experience of a self-assurance contract environment
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.