Head of Technical Assurance
In order to ensure that the SCSJV deliver products that meet the clients requirements and
the statutory and regulatory obligations and are of appropriate quality, SCS JV are
implementing a progressive assurance approach. The Head of Technical and Quality
Assurance is a strategic role intended to lead the development and implementation of the
Technical Assurance Strategy on the Project. The role reports to the Technical Director
Hs2 is a Mega Project and SCSJV are delivering the Main Works Civils for the Southern
Portion of the railway. Lot S1 is the final link of the new HS2 railway between Old Oak
Common and London Euston stations, and involves provision of all the main infrastructure
required to allow track and rail systems to be laid by other contractors. Lot S2 is provides
the railway link between Lot S1 at Old Oak Common Station and Lot C1 at Harvil Road.
- Developing and implementing the technical assurance strategy for the project to ensure the delivered system meets the customers Contract Requirements Technical through all stages of the project lifecycle
- Developing the strategy and processes necessary to assure quality through all delivery stages of the lifecycle.
- Developing and implementing an Assurance process and framework that meets the Clients Technical Assurance process requirements.
- Leading the selection and development of appropriate systems to ensure compliance with the works information whilst enable the project to work towards a paper free technical and quality assurance system.
- Develop and maintain technical and quality assurance measures to monitor the effectiveness of assurance systems and processes.
- Liaise with the Client, Project Leadership, Area and Service Leads to ensure Technical and Quality Assurance processes are integrated across the delivery organisations and other functions and effectively implemented in the delivery teams.
- Developing and Lead the Technical & Quality Assurance Organisation tasked with implementing above.
- Assess and advise on Client needs and requirements for effective assurance and quality control.
- Ensure that technical and quality assurance is fully embedded in the procurement process for subcontractors and suppliers.
- Foster the appropriate Quality culture Act as an ambassador for the project in
- Technical & Quality Assurance with internal and external stakeholders through arranging events and activities / campaigns to promote quality through thought leadership. ·
- Maintaining an awareness of new and proposed legislation that impacts the project and communicating any changes to the Project Leadership team · Identifying and investigating areas of quality risk / issues and make appropriate recommendations for corrective action. ·
- Providing guidance to the wider assurance team on quality matters · Managing motivating coaching and mentoring assurance team members as necessary
The Ideal Candidate
Essential skills: ·
- The successful candidate will have proven track record of delivering Technical Assurance and Quality Management on large and complex infrastructure Projects
- A good understanding and significant experience of applying System Engineering Tools and Techniques
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary/complex project environment. ·
- Experience of forming and leading high performing teams · Credible in building relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders. ·
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines; · Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work flexibly. · Chartered Engineer /
- Appropriate professional qualifications or equivalent experience
- A good understanding and significant experience of implementing Information Management systems and processes on Large complex projects
- Experience of Large Complex Railway projects
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.