Handover Certification Manager
The Handover & Certification Manager is responsible for managing certification and report progress during all phases of the project.
- Monitor the site Quality Control activities working together with the project engineers to ensure that all set deliverables and technical records are compiled and effectively managed and submitted to HS2 for Acceptance.
- Ensure that all records are captured and managed within eB and the Asset Management System.
- Produce and manage the live handover tracker to capture all the key assurance records.
- The identification, production and submission of records comprising Design, Sub-Construction and Construction Certificates.
- Monitor the electronic collect and compilation of quality records in line with SCSJV Certification procedure.
- Review and approval of certification packages and agreeing Certification deliverables.
- Be the point of contact for HS2's Completion Engineer/Area Completion Engineer.
- Attend internal weekly Certification Meetings between SCSJV and HS2.
- Report Deliverables Progress to SCSJV Quality Team for Quality Focus Meeting reporting.
- Attend quarterly SCSJV organised Certification Working Group alongside HS2 Project Engineer and/or SCSJV Quality Engineer.
- Monitor the close out of NCRs, snagging and Punch works items.
- Where necessary to facilitate handover, bringing third parties to inspect and familiarisation with the asset, arranging training as appropriate and maintaining records.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners’ Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company’s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
- In addition to the above discipline role, the Handover & Certification Manager must carry out his/her duties in accordance with the SCSJV Core Values.
The Ideal Candidate
• Experience in managing certification.
• Experience within quality related role on a major infrastructure project.
• Degree or equivalent in civil engineering or an appropriate professional qualification.
• Chartered member of CQI or equivalent body.
• Prior involvement in civil engineering project of similar complexity under a self-certification Contract.
• Prior experience of managing asset information.
• Thorough knowledge of the requirements and practical experience of developing, implementing and improving electronic certification & handover processes.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
• Fosters open dialogue, listens and manage conflicts of ideas.
• Working knowledge of major multidisciplinary projects.
• Track record of working on large projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to build relationships with all levels of seniority and external stakeholders.
• Relevant CSCS Card.
• Knowledge of other management systems (ISO 14001:2015, ISO 27001:2013, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 44001:2017 etc.) is desired.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.