HR Coordinator - Maternity Cover
The purpose of the role is to provide administrative support to the People Director and HR support to the Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) People Team.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Accountable for the project support for Graduates, liaising with Parent company grad teams.
- Lead the coordination of the SCS JV’s Mirror Leadership Programme Act as first point of contact for HR enquiries
- Initiate and implement continuous improvements to People Team processes
- Assist in the development of HR policies and procedures, regularly complete revision updates and ensure document management system, Assetwise, is up to date
- Maintain SCS staff data
- Attend monthly workforce planning meetings
- Ensure leavers are identified and demobilised
- Input required data into monthly people team dashboard
- Overall accountability for People Team intranet content
- Book meetings for the People Team as required
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings with People Team Leadership team
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations
- Co-ordinate HR audits and collate the information required
- You may be required to support the training team with training admin as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate
Required skills, behaviours and attributes
- IT literate with experience of Microsoft Office; in particular MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Ability to multi-task and continuously prioritise workload and able to work alone as well as part of the team.
- Flexible ‘can do’ team player that is solution focussed and positive
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Experience of communicating at all levels from MD down.
- Proactive and willing to put suggestions forward for improving ways of working
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills
- HR and training experience - desirable
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, you do not have to provide a response.
All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We will not share any of your data with other parties. This form is not mandatory, but your response would be appreciated
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.