General Foreman - SCL
We are looking for a General Foreman with SCL (sprayed concrete lining) experience to join our nightshift team at North Acton.
- Ensure the coordination of a section of works on a larger project. To ensure and communication between all parts of the operation team including suppliers, subcontractors, engineering, safety and environmental team and clients team.
- Build and develop the team to deliver all aspects of the project requirements; identify training requirements, review the performance of the workforce and ensure delivery of briefings.
- Provide, monitor and control labour plant and materials to meet the programme.
- Manage sub-contractors and direct workforce for all SCL activities
- Ensure high standard of quality on the works to meet the specification requirements ‘first time’ and minimise rework.
- Assist engineering team with working method and outputs for production of method statements and programme.
- Ensure accurate, legible and up-to-date allocation sheets are recorded and provided at shift close with delivery tickets and plant returns to the engineering and commercial teams.
- Ensure all records for example inspections, works permits and briefings are up to date and in place.
- Carry out regular safety and environmental inspections and implement recommended courses of action as identified from progress monitoring and management inspections.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team
The Ideal Candidate
- NVQ Level 4 - Construction Site Supervision
- You must be willing to work nightshift
- CSCS Black card
- SCL tunnelling experience essential
- Basic computer competence
- First Aid 3 day
- Crane supervisor
- Manual handling
- MEWPs for managers
- CPCS Lifting Appointed person
- Conversant with Tunnelling BS6164
- Cranage and piling temp works
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.