About the role:
Procurement of plant and materials frameworks in accordance with SCS Way, Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Implementation of Key supply frameworks for Plant & Materials packages where required to supply all S1 & S2 sites.
- Ensures all enquiries include robust tender documentation and clarity of SCS requirements
- Maintaining positive relationships with all stakeholders involved in the procurement process.
- Produce accurate and logical recommendations to demonstrate best value.
- Conducts supplier meetings and negotiations where required for Plant and Materials procurement.
- Administration and maintenance of all documentation associated with the SCS procurement processes.
- Represents procurement department at meetings.
- Regularly monitor and review the use of supply frameworks.
- Complete quarterly supply chain performance reviews for Plant and Materials suppliers.
- Provide support to develop individuals within the operational buying team.
- Work with the supply chain manager to improve levels of performance of the supply chain.
- Work efficiently and professionally during periods of pressure.
The Ideal Candidate
- Carried out procurement (use of CompeteFor, any tendering systems and/or professionally carried out recommendations) of Plant & Materials packages in the past.
- Previous experience of Plant & Materials procurement on major projects.
- Demonstrable network of contacts in the UK Plant and Materials supply chain network.
- Working knowledge of Oracle E1 system or a similar procurement system for plant and materials procurement.
- Has obtained or is working towards MCIPS Level 4 qualification.
- Demonstrable negotiating skills and securing favorable terms.
- Excellent communicator and influencer with ability to build effective relationships.
- Experience of working in joint venture organisations delivering infrastructure projects
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.