Reporting to a General Foreman, the role would suit an experienced construction professional with good liaison and communications skills and the ability to integrate into a team.
- Supervising own labour and subcontractors on site and construction of the works to specification and to programme.
- Ensure that details of the safe systems of work developed are communicated to all who will carry out or may be affected by the operation and that the systems are implemented to achieve Target Zero approach to safety.
- Plan and maintain safe and tidy work sites, both internally and externally to public areas.
- Ensure that all machinery, plant, equipment, portable tools and electrical systems are properly installed, regularly inspected and maintained in good condition to minimise environmental damage or pollution and safeguard employees Health and Safety and that adequate records are maintained.
- Control of the execution of the Works in a safe and effective manner complying with the requirements of the contract
- Identify, plan and monitor labour needs
- Deliver of the daily briefings and toolbox talks
- Ensure that records are kept for work performed, problems experienced, labour force in each area, communications to/from client, sub-contractor and third parties.
- Assisting authors in the production of Risk Assessments Method Statements.
- Involvement in planning for 4 week look ahead programme and collaborative planning for key activities
- Demonstrating a personal commitment to implementation of the Project Management Plan and attainment of the stated quality targets.
- Ensure all delivery records passed to accounting team.
The Ideal Candidate
- NVQ Level 3 Front Line Supervision
- CSCS Card
- First Aider
- Appropriate experience of logistics management, including demonstrable site experience on construction projects;
- Good knowledge and practical experience of legal requirements and how to comply with them, including but not limited to driver hours, vehicle and driving safety;
- Good knowledge of safe operational practice for operation of vehicles and Equipment and methods of loading and off-loading;
- Good knowledge and practical experience of planning and organising deliveries to/ from sites;
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.