Ethics & Compliance Officer
The Ethics/Compliance Officer will be responsible for the administration, governance and audit of all policies and procedures that relate to the SCS Joint Venture Ethical Business Policy and ensuring demonstrable compliance with contractual, legal and moral obligations associated with (but not limited to) ethics, fraud prevention, Bribery Act 2010, Modern Day Slavery, and the Works Information.
- Management of the Ethics Committee;
- All governance around Ethical Business practice;
- Maintenance of appropriate policies and procedures;
- Audit against policies, processes, procedures and Works Information (the Contract);
- Reporting on Ethical Business practice to the PMT and JV Board;
- Audits against labour supply employment contracts;
- Liaison with the SCS JV IR Manager;
- Liaison with HS2 Fraud Investigation team;
- Management of the ‘Whistleblowing’ process and appointing investigators as necessary, in accordance with agreed processes;
- Education/Training/Communication of the Workforce on Ethical Business practice.
The Ideal Candidate
- Held similar position for a period not less than three years in a similar organization;
- IT competencies, Microsoft Office;
- Communications Skills, written and verbal
- Suitable professional qualification.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.