Environmental Data Analyst
Gathering, analysing and reporting environmental data in a format that is agreeable with the Skanska, Costain and Strabag environment management system and client requirements.
Through analysis of data determining opportunities for improvement and leading on capitalisation of such opportunities.
The role will also be focused on environment specialist data analysis, report drafting and support.
- Implementing systems and process to gather and validate large data sets.
- Compiling and reporting validated data in a manner that is appropriate and suitable to stakeholders.
- Developing intuitive systems that will assist efficiency and transparency of data and reports. PowerBi and GIS are favored options.
- Identification of sustainability opportunities, devising means of realising opportunities and seeing successful implantation of such means.
- Assisting the Environmental Assurance Manager and Environmental Specialists Manager in increasing efficiency through assisting in data collation, data analysis and report writing.
- Developing interpretive reports, maps and tools that support site teams understanding of environment risks.
- Formalising and categorising data, reports and consent documentation in a manner that is intuitive and easily accessible.
- Developing and using proprietary software systems to assist specialists in the generation of technical reports and outputs.
The Ideal Candidate
- Mathematically focused with emphasis on understanding relationships between data inputs and outputs.
- Skilled in use of PowerBi, Excel are required, GIS and other software or wider Microsoft power suite would be advantageous.
- High level attention to detail and ability to prioritise deliverables.
- Appreciable knowledge of environment management.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work as a member of a collaborative team.
About the Company
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.