About the role:
Environmental coordinator providing multiple aspects of administrative support to the Environment and Sustainability team, including data management, training coordination, document support to ensure the effective delivery of the construction and handover over phase of the HS2 Main Works Civils Contract.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Coordinate and manage all environmental reporting requirements including but not limited to gathering of data from site teams and supply chain, amalgamating and manipulating data as required and populating reporting databases as required for client and parent company purposes. Transforming of data into graphs and dashboards and reports for use by project management for decision making.
- Provide creative support to the wider environment team to aid them in the development and delivery of awareness campaigns, events, briefings and training in order to help drive awareness for and delivery against contract targets as well as general sustainability improvements.
- Support on-site environment team with operational data and document management, including but not limited to reporting and uploading of observations and incidents, waste and material data management, recording of key meeting minutes and finalizing documents for submission through the document management system.
- Support Environmental Data & Reporting across the contract, implementing efficiencies and improvements to facilitate effective decision making.
- Coordinate with other departments, including Health and Safety and Training to arrange and book Environmental training courses, update the training matrix and distribute certificates.
- Develop and maintain tools to support the effective delivery of the Environmental Management System, including trackers and registers.
- Undertake performance assessments and assurance activities within the Project and the supply chain to ensure environmental performance continually improves.
- Implement and maintain systems that bring efficiencies to the Project and improve environmental performance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Administration experience ideally within the construction industry, previous work with Health, Safety or Environment related fields would be advantageous.
- Strong data management skills including reporting software and extensive MS Excel use. Knowledge of wider MS Office 365 software, including PowerBi (desirable).
- Good organisation and time management skills, attention to detail, able to work independently and off their own initiative as well as strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates a passion for the environment as well as a desire and ability to positively improve processes to create efficiencies.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.