Environmental Consents Advisor
Reporting to the Environmental Consents Manager, the Environmental Consents Advisor will support the coordination of multidisciplinary inputs required to obtain the environmental consents necessary for the delivery of the HS2 works, meeting consent approval timelines in accordance with construction start dates and deadlines.
Although part of the Consents & Engagement team, you will work seamlessly with the Environment team, to help provide a focal point of contact between the SCS construction delivery teams and all the key environmental stakeholders.
- Provide advice and guidance to project delivery teams in understanding the environmental consents requirements relevant to their works;
- Support the timely delivery of environmental consents by coordinating input from design, engineering, construction, environmental and other colleagues required to obtain all required legal consents, licenses and exemption;.
- Support the Environmental Consents Manager in maintaining good working relationships with external stakeholders such as local authorities, Natural England, Environment Agency, Thames Water and others as required and directed;
- Prepare and deliver briefings to delivery teams on consent requirements and obligations;
- Support the document control processes to ensure effective and timely document review, approval and distribution in order to support the projects delivery programme;
- Record, monitor and report on consenting activities;
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the contract's operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree or equivalent in Environmental Sciences or suitably applicable fields.
- Sound understanding of environmental legislation with regards to air, waste, noise, ecology, water and heritage matters
- Environmental advisory experience in the environment and construction industry
- Good organisational and time management skills, able to work independently and off their own initiative.
- Confident speaker with experience preparing and delivering presentations.
- Demonstrates a passion for the Environment and Sustainability, driving innovation and a desire to positively influence and develop those around them
- Associate or Practitioner Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or equivalent
- Internal auditing experience.
- Rail, highways or tunneling project experience