We currently have an opening for a Electrical Engineer to join the Tunneling team based at West Ruislip.
Reporting to the Electrical Superintendent, you will be supporting the electrical department to complete all assigned tasks in a timely and safe manner. Additionally, you will be in charge of redacting the Method Statement and Risk assessment for the TBM activities, while also ensuring the Tool Box records are kept up to date.
- Supports the Electrical Team with High Voltage (HV), Low Voltage (LV), Earthing and general electrical standards and procedures.
- Prepare and update documentation and procedures for all electrical activities required on site.
- Plan and develop work and maintenance schedules for all electrical equipment and machinery.
- Keep records and registers of all maintenance, commissioning and installation works of electrical equipment and machinery.
- Support the electrical department with general admin work as required.
Supporting the electrical department to complete all assigned tasks in a timely and safe manner. Additionally, you will be in charge of redacting the Method Statement and Risk assessment for the TBM activities, while also ensuring the Tool Box records are kept up to date.
The Ideal Candidate
Required qualifications, skills, behaviors and attributes
- Educated to Degree standard or equivalent qualifications and experience.
- Knowledge of UK electrical standards and regulations.
- Ability to keep electrical installations up to standard.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders and sub-contractors.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an electrical engineer in similar role.
- Experience on TBM construction projects.
- To be familiar with TBMs, conveyor systems, water treatment plants, MSV vehicles, communication systems, ventilation systems and cooling systems.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, material, electrical codes, standards, regulations and electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of High and Low voltage electrical systems.
- Pro-active and solution focused.
- Knows how to manage his own time and work.
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written English is essential.