Design Assurance Coordinator
We are currently expanding our design team across all three project areas and are recruiting for Design Assurance Coordinators to join us at this exciting time of the project.
The Design Assurance Coordinator will be responsible for demonstrating that the works carried out by the JV meet the employer’s requirements as set out in the Works Information and Contract Requirements Technical.
They will also be responsible for complying with the Technical Assurance and Design Management Plans and Procedures, to plan and close out the design assurance activities, leading to Certification for a number of Design Work Packages. The Design Assurance Coordinator will be supporting the Technical Assurance and Design Managers to ensure that Technical Assurance Plans (TAPs) for all work packages are up to date with evidence to verify and validate the requirements.
This role will cover the following areas
- Manual update of TAPs, including transferring information from the Supply Chain Documents (such as Design Review Plans), tracking status of deliverables within the review process in the SCS Electronic Document Management Systems ( EMT, Assetwise, eB), and recording relevant version of deliverables that are common across multiple packages.
Supporting Review of Deliverables: notifying reviewers in advance of planned reviews, follow up reviews to ensure that they are completed on time, chasing up closure of comments, informing the Technical Document Controllers when reviews are complete so the deliverable can be processed and coded.
- Tagging various communications to make them asset-specific to assist the Design Manager’s review, including Early Warning Notices, Project Manager Instructions, Employers Instructions, Requests For Information; updating and maintaining Excel registers.
- Updating various Excel trackers to communicate design and technical assurance progress to the wider teams.
- Organising meetings and reviews: identifying suitable times, sending invites, taking notes and following up on actions
- Coordinate the certification activities for work packages to gain L3 certification from the Employer
The Ideal Candidate
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- Significant experience of working at equivalent level in a project environment;
- Awareness of assurance processes in major projects;
- Capable of managing workload / activities and taking sole accountability for task delivery;
- Able to show resilience and tenacity whilst remaining adaptable and flexible when working under the pressure of tight deadlines and project change;
- Awareness of the various disciplines involved in delivering major projects, their roles and responsibilities and their relationship to assurance.
- Good information management and analytical skills, able to quickly and efficiently seek out the relevant and pertinent points from large volumes of project information.
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills,
- Experienced in the use project information tools and management systems including MS Office and web-based collaboration technologies for project information and process management, such as Enterprise Bentley, Projectwise or similar.