Deputy Project Director
The Deputy Project Director shall be responsible for:
- Accountability for the SCS culture around business, health, safety and wellbeing and collaboration.
- Manage the area in line with the target budget in collaboration with the Commercial Area lead for Copthall Area of the site
- Reviewing and improving the forecasting and performance within the area.
- Working closely with HS2 and other stakeholders to further develop and enhance the JV reputation within the industry.
- Actively promote and ensure good governance and assurance compliance across the Area and interaction with other areas.
- Ensure that robust procedures exist for management of whole Copthall Area during the development and implementation phases.
- Act as principal client contact on all aspects of the Area during the delivery phase. Develop and maintain effective client relationships, monitor client satisfaction levels and respond urgently to any client concerns and ensure improvement plans are developed, implemented and progress against plans is shared with clients.
- Manage and pro-actively engage in mitigating risks to the area across the portfolio, support contractual performance and total project delivery, including anticipating problems and developing actions plans.
- Full project life cycle management.
- Ensure that the Area fully complies with all statutory and regulatory provisions including HMRI, ORR and the CDM Regulations.
- Ensure project change adhered to and reported to Area Project Director in a timely and effective manner to minimize impact on project delivery.
- Regularly review project forecast with the Commercial Area Leads and report to the, ensuring any discrepancies are resolved.
- Approve the mobilization plan for the area including supporting recruitment when necessary
- Manage, proactively, the relationship with the adjacent HS2 contractors from the Align Joint Venture
- Be a member of the Area West SMT support the project Aims and objectives for the HS2 programme
The Ideal Candidate
- Member of an appropriate professional institution or similar professional qualification
- Proven track record at a senior leadership level, of leading cross functional teams within large and complex heavy civil engineering project environments with extensive experience in Earthworks, Structural concrete and work adjacent to live railways. This should include ‘cut & cover’ tunnelling works.
- Current knowledge of the applicable Health and Safety standards and the adoption of best practice.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and a track record of project execution.
- Previous experience in delivering work within set timeframes and in accordance with a defined project strategy and allocated budget.
- Ensuring that robust procedures are developed, implemented and supported to ensure the Design and Construction Assurance for the assets are completed in time for handover.
- A proven advocate for innovation and technology driven by a desire to promote continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- An ability to define expectations, establish measurement of performance and hold individuals and teams to account for their outcomes and celebrate their achievements.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to different cultures drawn from a diverse background with an inclusive and equitable approach to team selection and appointment.
- Significant Delivery Experience in complex civil engineering
- Team player with positive collaborative skills
- Energy & Drive – Drive for results / Perseverance
- Personal & Interpersonal Skills – Ethics and Values / Integrity and Trust / Motivating other
- Strategic Skills – Innovative Management / Strategic Agility
- Operating Skills – Priority Setting