About the role:
Cost Clerk required to support the commercial team with cost validation and verification for Formwork Reinforced Concrete (FRC) works which will require extensive administration.
- Management and Supervision – review of timesheets and hours including, justification for role.
- Labour – cost verification of claimed labour costs including, review of timesheets and SCS clocking in and out system on site.
- Plant – cost verification of claim plant on site. Checks against delivery notes and site team etc.
- Materials – cost verification of claimed materials on site. Checks to be undertaken against delivery notes and support from site team.
- Cost Audits – supporting commercial package lead in undertaking cost audits every 6 months.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience of Purchase Ledger/Accounting cost systems
- Construction industry experience
- Experience in cost verification
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work under own intuition and think of new ways to drive efficiencies.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident employer. We welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.