Construction Managers required – To be selected to satisfy competence in managing Third Party’s, Heavy Civils Construction and NR Possession works
Take control of the management of resources within a section or area as designated by the Project Manager. Lead, Manage and drive the works in the Euston Approaches Area to progress, in accordance with the Contract Programme, to best commercial advantage, without prejudice to the health and safety of employees, sub-contractors or the public at large and taking into full account environmental considerations.
Manage and drive the training and development of the Construction team.
- Recruit, Lead, Manage, supervise, train and mentor the construction team to enable them to optimise their work contribution.
- Review contractual agreements and develop design, working methods, processes, procedures, programme and forecast costs with the Project Manager, Agents, Works Superintendent and Subcontractors / Suppliers.
- Develop and review programmes and forecast budgets, assess actual programme and productivity achieved and review weekly, taking action where appropriate, and reporting any changes to the Project Manager and QS department.
- Develop procurement strategies then be fully conversant with subcontractors contract conditions, develop job specific subcontract conditions and manage the subcontractors account with the Commercial team and Agents.
- Ensuring the requisitioning resources in a timely manner to ensure that they are correctly specified and readily available so as not to impede the construction programme.
- Ensure communication to the Technical Assurance, QA and Commercial teams non-conformances and any instructions received from the client / designer / RE’s staff. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works are reviewed, approved and adhered to.
- Keep abreast of developments in professional field.
- Produce monthly reports for financial forecasting, monitoring and control of project cost
- Interfacing with all internal and external stakeholders including preconstruction planning.
- Key point of contact for clients for project progress
- Set the highest example for Health and Safety Requirements
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
· Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
· Experience Managing and Leading Construction Teams
· Understanding of Engineering Principles
· Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training.
· Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices. Particularly in any or all of shaft construction, Piling, Reinforced concrete or Network Rail Possession Works
· Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system).
· Relevant CSCS Card
· Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management