We are recruiting for a Planner with experience of contract and change analysis, providing compliant impact assessments, in accordance with the contract terms and conditions
The role will involve working with the Contractor’s change team and liaising with the relevant area teams to assess change and develop NEC Clause 60 programmes and supportive narratives.
Reporting to the Area Planning Manager and the Senior Commercial Manager (Change) and working closely with the planning and commercial teams. The role will provide the requisite analysis of delay and disruption events for the project to substantiate additional time and the effect of compensation events.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
Key Areas of Responsible:
- Preparation of programmes and discrete technical narratives to support the Clause 60 submissions in conjunction with the area site teams
- Presenting to the Area Planning Manager and Senior Commercial Manager (Change) to ensure ‘fair’ entitlement is recovered on behalf of the Contractor via the Project Manager
- Ensuring that the programme impacts are understood and can be fully evaluated particularly in relation to time related costs
- Working alongside the client programme representatives to ensure agreed impact and entitlement prior to final submission
- Ensuring that submissions are robust to support entitlement to avoid conflict/disputes
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- In depth knowledge of the NEC and ICE forms of contract.
- Degree in civil engineering or an appropriate professional qualification
- Good written & verbal communication
- Prior experience in planning function in civil engineering projects ideal in Tunnelling (e.g. SCL and TBM construction)
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of asset structures, planning standards, WBS and planning processes.
- Competence in Primavera P6 / Tilos
- Knowledge of Safety, Environment and Risk Management
- Flexible with good organisation skills
Behaviours / Attributes
In addition to the above discipline role, the Senior Planner must carry out his/her duties in accordance with the SCS JV Core Values:
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident Leader. We want to encourage disabled people to apply for our roles and have an opportunity to display your skills, talent, and abilities. We will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview.
Please see the disability confident commitments:
To be considered for an interview under this scheme you have:
- A physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term effect (over 12 months) adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities
- Demonstrated in your application and pre-interview stage that you meet the minimum job criteria and person specification for the role