Change Assessment Manager
Skanska/Costain/STRABAG JV (SCS JV) are responsible for the Southern portion of the Main Works Civils for the HS2 Project, spilt across 3 Areas and delivering 30 plus major civils assets including Tunnels, Portals and Headhouses, Bridges and Earthworks associated MEP Highways and Utility Works from Euston to the western outskirts of London
The size and complexity of the project requires particular attention to ensure compatibility is maintained in light of emergent changes to the many various elements of work, changes to the clients requirements and the impact of these on the many interfaces to third party stakeholders and the other HS2 works SCS are required by HS2 in the works information to deliver.
As a Change Assessment Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining technical baselines, communicating changes to relevant stakeholders, coordinating and managing their assessment, in order to feed into the Change and Mitigation Panels to facilitate authorisation and implementation of changes.
- Maintain registers of the project and subcontractors’ technical baselines, and undertake regular review of the document and contract management systems to identify changes to the baselines;
- Maintain a register of technical changes including the actions and their status to progress through the assessment and implementation process.
- Communicate changes to relevant stakeholders to facilitate their assessment
- Liaise with the various design and construction leads, various specialists and subcontracts to ensure changes are assessed from all relevant perspectives, activities are planned and undertaken.
- Review change impact assessments to ensure sufficient quality.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to promote awareness of the change management process and activities within the project team.
- Contribute to the continued improvement of the change management processes and systems
The Ideal Candidate
- Chartered Engineer or significant experience of working at equivalent level in a project environment.
- Extensive Experience of the application of configuration / change management processes in major projects;
- Knowledge and experience of the regulatory environment and statutory obligations relating to major rail infrastructure / construction projects or equivalent;
- Capable of working collaboratively and effectively with project delivery teams, management and the project leadership, clients, sub-contractors, regulatory bodies and other major stakeholders, credible in building relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders;
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate technical concepts to variety of audiences;
- Awareness of the various disciplines involved in delivering major railway projects, their roles and responsibilities.
- Good information management and analytical skills, able to quickly and efficiently seek out the relevant and pertinent points from large volumes of project information.
- Experienced in the use project information tools and management systems including MS Office and web-based collaboration technologies for project information and process management, such as Enterprise Bentley, ProjectWise or similar
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, you do not have to provide a response.
All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We will not share any of your data with other parties. This form is not mandatory, but your response would be appreciated
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.