This role is responsible for the preparation of drawings/ sketches and methodologies for all tunnel related scope of works in a timely manner to suit programme needs.
The CAD Technician is responsible for
- Working under direction the core tunnelling team to;
- Produce sketches, layouts for Tunnel services and delivery teams.
- Produce site phasing drawings.
- Produce site sketches and drawings for procurement packages.
- Produce site installation drawings specifying all required plant and equipment for the TBM/ Tunnel supplies in coordination with the Civil construction teams
- Produce drawings and methodology detailing TBM Delivery. Launching, Retrieval, dismantling and shaft passage sequence.
- Provide detailed sketches and input required for document preparation e.g. RAMS or Construction Requirement Reports in coordination with Tunnel delivery teams
- Produce drawings detailing the interface between tunnel and shaft construction (ventilation openings)
- Assist in the preparation of documents e.g. Temporary works design briefs, RAMS, work procedures
- Produce sections and engineering drawings from survey data / 3D Models.
- Implement CAD standards to ensure the high quality of drawings
- Reporting to the Tunnel Engineer/ Technical Services Tunnel.
The Ideal Candidate
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Previous experience as a CAD technician for tunneling or civil engineering work
- Experience in other industries and disciplines will be considered
- Good understanding of construction and civil engineering methodologies and sequencing.
- Skilled in both 2D drafting and 3D modelling techniques.
- A strong work ethic and an enthusiasm to learn, develop and share knowledge.
- Not afraid to rise queries and questions and challenge assumptions.
- Proficient skills in AutoCAD, MicroStation & ProjectWise editions.
Behaviours / Attributes
In addition to the above discipline role, the CAD Technician must carry out his/her duties in accordance with the SCS JV Core Values
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.