Assistant Procurement Manager
· Procurement in accordance with SCS Way Policies, Procedures and standards
· Working in accordance with the Project Procurement Plan (strategy)
· Carry out procurement in an ethical, transparent and fair way
- Procurement in accordance with procurement process and governance ensuring transparency and fairness always
- Supporting the Procurement Manager with the procurement of subcontract packages, including determining the requirements, developing enquiry documents, issuing tender enquires, completing tender evaluations, producing award recommendations
- Coordinating with stakeholders in the procurement process to ensure inclusiveness and robustness for every procurement
- Work to and updates progress of packages allocated to them in the procurement schedule and inputs into the reporting of procurement activity as required by project controls requirements
- Supporting the Procurement Manager with the timely production of Subcontract documents
- Participating in, and chairing meetings for Subcontract packages allocated
- Work with our internal Supply Chain Managers to assist in performance measurement and improvements.
- Ability to work efficiently and professionally during periods of pressure
- Assist with Supply chain events supporting procurement
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies,
- Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- Procurement Experience in a construction environment
- Effective communication skills and ability to work closely with internal and external customers
- Competent application of computer skills
- Basic understanding of NEC Subcontract
- Negotiation and Analytical skills
- Effective communicator and ability to build effective relationships
- Knowledge and experience with electronic procurement systems
- Working towards membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. MCIPS
- Use of e-procurement systems
- Use of Compete For
- Experience of Infrastructure projects
- Practical approach, logical thought process and a methodical way of working
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.