Assistant Landfill Manager
Reporting to Construction Manager and SCS Landfill Manager
- Stand in for Landfill Manager when required (Permit Compliance)
- Assist with the management of day to day operations of an Inert Landfill & Treatment and Transfer Station
- Maintain all records and systems for the effective and compliant operation of the facilities
- Monitor sub-contractor performance against targets to ensure all daily/weekly/monthly KPIs are met.
- Liaise with the environmental and engineering teams
- Work with SCS foreman and sub-contractor to ensure Health, Safety & Environment standards are met
- Monitor incoming and processed material to ensure compliance with the specification and testing
- Liaise with Materials Testing team and ensure all the correct certs and records are taken.
- Ensure compliance with the landfill EA waste permits and carryout inspections + check sheets as required.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensuring health and safety is given the highest priority in the delivery of the works
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Ensure that the Health Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated to the workforce and implemented
- Work collaboratively with the HS2 team and other contractors, subcontractors works packages to achieve the overall project goals
The Ideal Candidate
Required Qualifications & Skills
- The candidate should ideally have or be working towards WAMITAB for Inert Landfill/Treatment & Transfer operations
- Fully conversant with Environmental and Health & Safety Laws & Regulations relating to Inert Landfill operations
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Computer literate
Behaviours / Attributes
- In addition to the above role, the Co-ordinator must carry out their duties in accordance with the SCS JV Core Values: