As-Built BIM Coordinator
This role is responsible for providing support to the As-Built BIM Lead in the coordination, validation and production of the as-built deliverables according to the HS2 As-built Specification. Client Deliverables include 3D as-built model, asset information, survey information and as-built drawings where required.
- Support the As-Built BIM Manager in the development of the as-built process according to the Client Requirements
- Support BIM Area Leads and BIM Team with implementation of the as-built process
- Collaborate with the Survey, Construction and other delivery teams (including Supply Chain) to ensure awareness of roles and responsibilities of the as-built process (including redline process), providing support where required
- Utilise as-constructed information (including redline drawings, 2D/3D survey line work, survey point cloud etc) captured from the site and survey teams to validate, verify and update the as-built model and drawings
- Production of surface models from topographic and LiDAR survey information to support the delivery teams
- Work collaboratively with the Asset Information Lead and corresponding Asset Information Coordinator to identify the Asset Information Management requirements as per the As-Built Specification and provide support where required
- Support the Area Team on the mobile data capture platform, in particular the redlining tool
- Adhere to SCS Modelling and Drawing CAD standards for as-built production
- Support the Area Team with CAD production requirements, where required
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of 3D and 2D CAD/as-built production on a civil engineering project (required)
- Proficient with 3D CAD modelling, preferably within the Bentley environment, e.g. AECOsim and ProjectWise
- Experience of utilising point cloud tools within the 3D modelling environment (desired)
- Experience of producing surface models from topographic and point cloud surveys (desired)
- Solid understanding of Engineering Survey principles (desired)
- Solid understanding of BIM principles, including the PAS1192 suite (desired)
- Relevant professional qualification where applicable
- Sustained continuing professional development.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.