Area Temporary Works Design Coordinator – West Ruislip
We currently have a vacancy for a Temporary Works Design Coordinator on our HS2 Main Works Contract.
You will be responsible for the coordination of temporary works designs interfaces between all relevant parties, namely:
- Temporary Works Design Manager
- Temporary Works Coordinators
- Temporary Works Designers (External & Internal)
- Document Control Team
The Area Temporary Works Design Coordinator primary task is the coordination and the management of all internal and external TW Design documentation from Requirement (Design Brief) to Delivery (Construction).
Reporting to the Area Temporary Works Design Manager you will ensure that TW design documents are effectively and timely distributed between all parties and according to the SCS
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high-speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high-speed services.
About the Project:
The HS2 Main Civils Contracts include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The Main Civils contract is a £multi-billion project with the works due for completion in 2025.
Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
- Ensure design deliverables are coordinated in a timely manner to suit programme with in-house design or supplier/subcontractors.
- Ensure the SCS JV document control process is maintained.
- Ensure preparation and review of all relevant documentation to SCS JV templates and process.
- Liaise and coordinate with internal and external designers to ensure design deliverables are submitted on time.
- Liaise with SCS document control to ensure that all design documents are uploaded on the document control platforms (Assetwise and eb) and distributed to the relevant reviewing parties
- Ensure key aspects within each design (such as Technical Interface and Assurance), as directed by the Area Temporary Works Design Manager.
- Ensure Enable My Teams, Assetwise and other document systems are fully utilised as per SCS procedure.
- Report on a regular basis on the status of designs in your area, focusing on programme in particular.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong proficiency in the use of all Microsoft office applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint (essential)
- Experience on a fast-moving project, multiple interfaces and working within a technical delivery team (essential)
- Proactive attitude (essential)
- Civil or Structural Engineering Qualification, preferably BEng or higher, but not essential.
- Previous experience in Temporary Works design or Civil/Structural design (circa 4 years’ experience or more, preferred, but not essential)
- Previous experience as a Project Engineer in Civil/ Structural engineering or Oil and Gas will also be considered
- Understanding and application of BS5975:2019 (preferred)
- Experience managing a temporary works process (preferred)
- Previous experience in delivering temporary works for Network Rail, London Underground and the Highways Agency (preferred)
- Experience with Bentley Assetwise, Bentley Projectwise, EMT (preferred)
- Membership of relevant professional body (CEng MICE or CEng IStructE, preferred)
- CITB Temporary Works Coordinator Course (preferred)
- Completed SMSTS (preferred)