Area Project Manager MEP Systems
We will be hiring Area Project Manager for MEP Systems, mid to end of 2022. Please apply now to express your interest!
Reporting to the MEP Deputy Delivery Director, the Area MEP Project Manager will be responsible for the MEP fit-out across HS2 S1 and S2 lots (Areas West or Areas Central).
The role will include liaison and integration with the Area Delivery Team to establish the most effective and best MEP installation, testing / commissioning and Handover programme and associated sequence.
- Prepare and implement the MEP delivery strategy for Stage 2 (including Testing and Commissioning) including gaining of all governance approvals with the Area
- Ensure that the MEP proposals for Stage 2 are developed and aligned with other project functions and disciplines. Ensure that the proposals once agreed are cascaded and understood by the delivery team when onboarded.
- Responsible for the MEP Area delivery team resource requirements to suit the needs of the contract and work with the Project People team to recruit necessary resources
- Input into MEP related Stage 2 procurement strategy, supporting the procurement process in development of the sub-contactors works information .
- Review of MEP scope to identify DFMA opportunities within the Area
- Development and implementation of Stage Two mobilisation activities for MEP.
- Ensure client and internal reporting is effective within the Area (F&R)
- Ensure you work with the Area SLT to manage issue escalation and resolution is effective
- Development and submission of construction phase plans for MEP Works.
- Development of the Area MEP construction programme.
- Ensure the works are safely delivered on time and budget with a right first time quality approach
- Works are progressively assured within the Area
- Responsible for risk management and mitigation within the Area
- Responsible for effective contractual administration, upstream and downstream within the Area
- Manage and oversee the supply chains temporary works requirement, set up process with the SCS temporary works team for the Area
- Ensure the interfaces with relevant stakeholders are identified and managed
- Promoting and monitoring the roll out and implementation of SCS values and behaviours
- Co-ordination of works with Temporary site services team
- Co-ordination of works with the Tunnel / MEP services team
- Identify review manage MEP Opportunities and efficiencies within the Area
- Ensure the assumptions and exclusions within the contract and understood
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a similar level role, responsible for the delivery of Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health systems including management, procurement, design, construction, testing, commissioning and handover.
- A professional qualification or degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related subject
- Strong leadership, communication and conflict management skills
- Experience of delivering MEP works on a major rail project
- Experience of Early Contractor Involvement models and NEC forms of contract
- Knowledge of industry regulations for design, construction and testing and commissioning of building services (e.g. BS 7671 and Building Regulations).
- Expert knowledge of products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Experience of a self-assurance contract environment