Area Assurance Lead
Overall Responsibility for Assurance by the Area team.
Ensuring all assurance deliverables are in place as required before the start of activities, during works and for handover and completion.
Covering all aspects of Assurance requirements from the Area including Readiness Reviews & Checklists, CDM Assurance, Technical Assurance, Quality Assurance, Handover and Completion.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Develop the plans and schedules for the assurance of all the requirements being delivered by the Area Team to support overall Area programme;
- Application of the progressive assurance activities to all delivery and discipline activity, particularly in regards to change,
- Enable productive relationships between delivery and Service teams within the Area to capture or define acceptance criteria;
- Engage with SCS Core Team, SCS Area Team and HS2 stakeholders to achieve the delivery of an efficient and effective assurance regime;
- Ensure assurance requirements cascaded to subcontractors/supply chain;
- Oversee requirements and assurance activities including leading reviews, and providing progress reports of SCS team, sub-contractors, supply chain and consultants;
The Ideal Candidate
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent;
- Demonstrable ability to work with delivery teams, customer, regulatory bodies and other major stakeholders;
- Demonstrable leadership and managerial capability with accountability for resources and task delivery;
- Demonstrable ability to deliver work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Demonstrable expertise in the use and application of assurance regimes in major projects;
- Proven track record in management and delivery of successful assurance of major schemes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Credible in building relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work flexibly;
- Well practiced in communicating technical proposals in an understandable manor for various audiences;
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SCS Railways is a Disability Confident Leader. We want to encourage disabled people to apply for our roles and have an opportunity to display your skills, talent, and abilities. We will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview.
Please see the disability confident commitments:
To be considered for an interview under this scheme you have:
- A physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term effect (over 12 months) adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities
- Demonstrated in your application and pre-interview stage that you meet the minimum job criteria and person specification for the role