Agent _TSS ( ATR 266)
Develop the design, construction methodology, programme and cost for their area of work as assigned by the Construction Manager.
Prepare for the delivery of these works, manage resources and providing supervision, advice and guidance to the members of the Construction teams and Sub-Contractors.
Ensure the progress of the works are in accordance with the contract, programme, budget and design requirements.
Implement and assure compliance with all relevant HS2 and or statutory requirements with regards to Health, Safety, Environment and Public relations within their scope of work.
We are constantly on the lookout for candidates in this field, across all our divisions as recruitment ramps up for 2021. Please apply within and express your interest in this future opportunity and many more to follow.
- Develop the design, construction methodology, programme and cost. Prepare for the delivery of the works, including resources, procurement, consents, and pre start documentation.
- Manage, supervise, train and mentor the site team to enable them to optimise their work contribution.
- Review contractual agreements and develop detailed site specific programmes and forecast budgets, assess actual programme and productivity achieved and review weekly, taking action where appropriate, and reporting any changes to the Construction Manager and QS department.
- Be fully conversant with subcontractor’s contract conditions, assist to develop job specific subcontract conditions and manage the subcontractors account with the QS team.
- Requisitioning resources in a timely manner to ensure that they are correctly specified and readily available so as not to impede the construction programme.
- Communicate to the Construction Manager, QA and QS teams non-conformances and any instructions received from the client / designer / RE’s staff. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work related discussions with Client / Designer / RE / Project Team.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works are being implemented and adhered to.
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Implement the relevant requirements of the Safety Management System within their area of responsibility.
- Ensure that the Construction Team, Sub-Contractors and Suppliers receive or have access to copies of the relevant Health and Safety as well as Environmental Policy and are kept informed of relevant developments and issues.
- Internal liaison with the Construction Manager, Design and Engineering Team, QA team and Cost Control.
- External liaison with HS2, Subcontractors / Suppliers and Stakeholders, close co-ordination with the Construction Manager required.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering.
- Knowledge of construction techniques, sequencing and best practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of working to and implementing construction contracts.
- Ability to use initiative based on engineering and practical experience.
- Capable of working independently and proactively to progress works but also skilled at working collaboratively with other integrated team members and external stakeholders for the overall benefit of the project.
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Document Control Systems, Auto CAD).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adjust communication style to suite receiver.
- Relevant CSCS Card.
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management.